Monday, June 23, 2008

funeral for a friend

Not everyone is going to feel the same way about the loved on that you have lost so the poems may seem irrelevant to them. Often your emotions are so stirred up that it can be very difficult to come up with words of condolence for those that need them.

On the day of the funeral my uncle came and stood by my side as I read the funeral poem and I was so glad that he did, I thought that my heart was going to jump out of my chest, it was pounding that hard. Memorial service poems can actually put everyone more at ease during a funeral or memorial service. You want to know where or how he or she is.

If required, have a friend or family member stand by your side for support. People who read the obituary should feel a sense of loss or should feel they ought to have known the deceased. You may choose to concentrate on a particular aspect of life of the deceased.

Remember to prepare and organize your thoughts. Even though death is a sad event, eulogies should always be written in an uplifting and inspiring manner.

No comments: