Wednesday, November 19, 2008

poems for a funeral service

Grieving for the death of a loved one is a long process that takes time and acceptance. A lot of people read out poems at wakes and funerals.

Standing up in front of so many of her friends and family to say the final goodbye's helped me to finally accept that she'd gone, even though it was the hardest thing I'd ever had to do in my life. I didn't manage to write my own poem but what I did find were some very fitting poems for funeral tributes in a book that I found after a long search through the internet. Some people come up with serious speeches honoring the deceased person while others would rather show the humorous side of the deceased person.

Still others choose to be cremated and their ashes spread in a particularly special place. Many families today do not participate in an organized religion or church. By doing a little research, you will have an idea of how your eulogy should flow.

A little time and preparation in the writing stage can make a huge difference in the impact of your delivery and can help you and your friends and family in their time of need. In this case, it is incumbent on the family to simply put into motion the decisions already made by their loved one.

Demon Tombstone - these are the essentials Funny Tombstone Epitaphs ground rules

No comments: